The health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a healthcare provider. All decisions regarding patient care must be with a healthcare provider, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.
Compliance with laws
You agree to comply with all laws applicable to your use of the Web site. You also agree that you will not use the Web site in any way to:
- Impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omit, delete, forge, or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content that you submit or transmit through the Web site;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the Web site or servers or networks connected to the Web site;
- Electronically stalk or otherwise harass another user;
- Engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to collecting and distributing information about other users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law; or
- Use the Web site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, or any rules or guidelines established by Auxilium.
Ownership of content
All design, text, sound, and images of the Testim.com Web site are protected by Copyright © 2013, Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. All rights reserved. Copying or retransmission, electronically or in hard copy, of any of the design, text, sound, images or pages of this Web site is strictly prohibited, except that copying is permitted for the sole purpose of performing authorized work with Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. or its affiliates or for your personal, noncommercial use. Any other use of the materials on this Web site, without the express written permission of Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is strictly prohibited.
All trademarks, service marks, logos, and designs used on this Web site, whether registered or unregistered, are owned by Auxilium and its subsidiaries. You may not use or display any trademarks, service marks, logos, or designs owned by Auxilium and its subsidiaries without prior written consent.
Your contact with other third parties
Your dealings with other third parties found on or through the Web site are solely between you and the third party. These dealings include, but are not limited to, your participation in promotions, the payment for and delivery of items if any, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings.
Auxilium does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any items or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that Auxilium will have no liability with respect to any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any dealings between you and any third party, or as a result of the presence of such third parties on the Web site.
Other Web sites
The Web site, or third parties on the Web site, may provide links to other sites and/or resources over which Auxilium has no control. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and should not be construed as an endorsement by Auxilium of content, items, or services on those third-party Web sites. You access and use such sites, including the content, items or services on those sites, solely at your own risk.
Auxilium makes no representations or warranties with respect to the content, personal information collection practices, ownership, or legality of any such linked Web sites. You agree that Auxilium has no responsibility or liability for the availability of such external sites or resources, or for the content, advertising, products, or other materials available through such sites or resources.
Disclaimer of warranties
THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AUXILIUM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
AUXILIUM DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED. AUXILIUM MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE.
ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH CONTENT.
Limitations of liability
AUXILIUM AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE CONTENT AVAILABLE VIA THE WEB SITE. YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF SUCH CONTENT.
ADDITIONALLY, IN NO EVENT WILL AUXILIUM OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER SUCH DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEB SITE; (2) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, ITEMS, OR WEB SITES; (3) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (4) THE STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEB SITE; OR (5) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEB SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT AUXILIUM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Complaints regarding content
If you believe that any specific content available on the Web site infringes your rights (including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights), or is otherwise unlawful, and you would like to file a complaint with us, please write to us at:
Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
640 Lee Road
Chesterbrook, PA 19087
What is Testim (testosterone gel) and testosterone gel?
Testim and testosterone gel are prescription medicines that contain testosterone. Testim and testosterone gel are used to treat adult males who have low or no testosterone. Your healthcare provider will test your blood before you start and while you use Testim and testosterone gel. It is not known if Testim and testosterone gel are safe or effective in children younger than 18 years old. Improper use of testosterone in children may affect bone growth.
Testosterone products that are applied to the skin may have different doses, strengths, or application instructions that may lead to different levels of testosterone in your body.
Testim and testosterone gel are controlled substances (CIII) because they contain testosterone that can be a target for people who abuse prescription medicines. Keep your Testim and testosterone gel in a safe place to protect it. Testim and testosterone gel are not meant for use in women.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
- Early signs of puberty have happened in young children who were accidentally exposed to testosterone through contact with men using Testim and testosterone gel
- Testim and testosterone gel can transfer from your body to others
- Women and children should avoid contact with the unwashed or unclothed area where Testim or testosterone gel has been applied. If a woman or child makes contact with the Testim or testosterone gel application area, that area on the woman or child should be washed well with soap and water right away
- To lower the risk of transfer of Testim or testosterone gel from your body to others, you should: Apply Testim or testosterone gel only to the areas of your shoulders and upper arms that will be covered by a short sleeve T-shirt and wash your hands right away with soap and water after applying Testim or testosterone gel. After the gel has dried, cover the application area with clothing and keep the area covered until you have washed the application area well or have showered. If you expect to have skin-to-skin contact with another person, first wash the application area well with soap and water
- Stop using Testim or testosterone gel and call your healthcare provider right away if you see any signs and symptoms in a child or a woman that may have occurred through accidental exposure to Testim and testosterone gel
- Do NOT apply Testim or testosterone gel to the genitals or abdomen
- Do not use Testim or testosterone gel if you: have breast cancer; have or might have prostate cancer; are pregnant or may become pregnant or are breastfeeding. Testim and testosterone gel may harm your unborn or breastfeeding baby. Women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant should avoid contact with the area of skin where Testim or testosterone gel has been applied
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take. Especially, tell your healthcare provider if you take: insulin, medicines that decrease blood clotting, corticosteroids
- Testim and testosterone gel can cause serious side effects including:
- If you already have enlargement of your prostate gland your signs and symptoms can get worse while using Testim or testosterone gel. These can include changes in urination
- Possible increased risk of prostate cancer. Your healthcare provider should check you for prostate cancer or any other prostate problems before you start and while you use Testim or testosterone gel
- Blood clots in the legs or lungs. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your leg can include leg pain, swelling or redness. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your lungs can include difficulty breathing or chest pain.
- In large doses, Testim and testosterone gel may lower your sperm count
- Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body, with or without heart failure. This may cause serious problems for people who have heart, kidney or liver disease
- Enlarged or painful breasts
- Having problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea)
- Testim and testosterone gel are flammable until dry. Let the Testim or testosterone gel dry before smoking or going near an open flame
- The most common side effects of Testim and testosterone gel include: skin irritation where Testim or testosterone gel is applied; increased red blood cell count; headache; increased blood pressure. Other side effects include more erections than are normal for you or erections that last a long time
The information on this Web site should not take the place of talking with your doctor or healthcare professional. If you have any questions, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs. Contact Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. at 1-877-663-0412 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.FDA.gov/medwatch.
Registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.